family

family

Monday, February 1, 2010

Cancer Sucks.

CANCER.

The worst word in the dictionary.
187 people die from cancer every minute.
1,479 people die from cancer every day.
3,483 people are diagnosed with a form of cancer EVERY DAY.

Well, this past week, that was me. I have ovarian cancer. Although I may have cancer, it does NOT have me. What I do have is a strong faith, support system, and God that is a healer. I may not feel like this everyday, because it is a process, but I know I will be ok. I plan on blogging my way through it. For one- for my own strength and encouragement, and for two- to encourage and strengthen others that are going through it. We may be in for a roller coaster ride! Guess it is only fair that I say--- buckle your seat belt!!! I start radiation on Feb. 5th.

2 comments:

Just Amanda... said...

Oh Jessica, I am sorry to hear that you have that. But will be here cheering and praying you thru it..

{amy} said...

I agree: cancer sucks. I hate it with a passion. I'm glad you're choosing to have a positive outlook. I'll be praying that you keep it up. As always, please call me if you ever need anything! I know you're strong, but I'd like to help! ;) Love you, girl.