family

family

Friday, December 9, 2011

Crazy Blessings.

I don't normally share with the world when we are able to bless people...but I was so very blessed in return today.
About 2-3 months ago, I was in HEB with the kids, buying groceries. I noticed that the lady behind me was buying a big bag of rice, beans and what looked to be penny pinching meals. I felt like I was supposed to pay for her groceries. I took the kids to the quarter machines while they scanned her items, and then went over and handed the cashier the money quickly... She stood in shock. I said "Have a blessed day!" And we rushed out the door. As you can imagine, it takes a few minuets to load my groceries and 4 kids in the car. I saw her walking to her car, but we didn't speak. Life went on.
Today I was at Whataburger buying breakfast for our family. I paid for the person behind me...and noticed that they FOLLOWED ME...... I debated turning in a different direction than my house, or pulling into a public place. When I stopped at a stop sign, a lady jumped out of the car with a piece of paper and ran up to my window. She had a faded piece of paper with my license plate and description of my car, with tape on it.
She said {in tears} "You paid for my groceries a few months ago at HEB. I had no idea how I was going to feed my family or even pay for the groceries. I wrote down your car info, taped it to my windshield, and prayed for you every time I got in my car. Today you paid for my breakfast. WHO ARE YOU?? I have prayed for you tons."

Ok, don't get me wrong... if it had been a millionaire and gave me $$$ to say thank you, it would have been great... But, I cannot tell you how blessed I was in return, just knowing that she has prayed for my family over and over. God works in awesome ways. Go bless someone today!!!!!

6 comments:

Really Random:The Chronicles of Reddick said...

speechless, crying, my co-worker says I am pms'ing, lol (I am)but this is very heartwarming.

samantha said...

That's a great story

{amy} said...

Tears! That is awesome, Jess! I love how God works!

Anonymous said...

Wow Jessica this is awesome. Thank you for sharing and encouraging all of us to follow our hearts like you did.

Billie said...

That is an awesome story; thanks so much for sharing it. Truly a story worth telling.

Just Amanda... said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing Jessica!