family

family

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

behind again!!!

Man, I can't keep up! No preaching this time, just all fun! We have had company every weekend for the past month...and it doesn't stop there!! Our family is so blessed to have great friends. I lost my camera about 2 weeks ago. That means I don't have cute pics of Sandy, Jay-t, Mylah and Greyson. We had a blast spending time with awesome friends. It was so fun to see the babies play with Jesse Ava. Jay-t played drums with Jeremiah and I introduced Sandy to the wonderful world of Charming Charlies. We cooked out, played around, and loved every minute of it!
This past weekend we had Chris, Erin, Jaden, and Bailey here. We loved making new friends. We all spent the day in Galveston. The water was cooooold!!!! But, we had so much fun! I have a bunch of pics from the beach. We also introduced them to Genghis Grill, cooked out some more, and had so much fun!
This past week Jesse Ava turned 1, and Jaela turned 7. My babies!!!! Jaela is the most grown up 7 year old I know. Such a beautiful girl and a big help around the house! Jesse Ava is the happiest little girl around! Easy, smiley, and loves her some Blake (the bass player @ our church) God is so good to us!!
This past week I have been listening to Sidewalk Prophets- a singing group. Their song "Words I Would Say" is amazing. Here are the words of the chorus:

Be strong in the Lord.
Never give up hope.
You're gonna do great things.
I already know.
God's got His hands on you,
So don't live life in fear.
Forgive and forget,
But don't forget why you're here.
Take your time to pray...
These are the words I would say.

The story behind the song- the lead singers mom called to tell him that his Grandpa was close to death. The singer was in Nashville and feared he wouldn't get home quick enough to say his goodbyes. So, he took a pen and piece of paper to write his Grandpa a letter. As he wrote the letter, he realized that the words on the page were not the words in his head. It was more like words that his Grandpa would say to him... God has ways of giving us peace in hard times. I am beyond thankful for Gods amazing grace.

1 comment:

lewlew said...

Thanks for having us, what a blessing it was. For me it was much needed. And as for my boys, well they loved every minute